Welcome to Heartbeat RWA
RWA Heartbeat, a Special Interest Online Chapter of Romance Writers of America, is made up of dedicated published and unpublished writers who share the common goal of providing writers of medical romance, as well as others who incorporate medical elements into their writing no matter what the subgenre, a place to come together to share information, discuss medical scenarios, ask questions and support each other in our various writing journeys. Toward that end, we offer the following programs to our members:
- Dedicated email loop for news, information and support.
- Online classes and Q & As from writing experts as well as medical experts.
- Book-In-A-Week, Book-In-A-Month and Novel-In-90 programs on an ongoing basis.
- Dedicated loop for critiques.
- Annual luncheon during RWA's national conference, featuring editors, agents and other special guests.
- A professionally-designed website promoting our members, their books and awards.
* * * * *
Q: Do you have to be a medical professional to join Heartbeat?
A: No. Everyone is invited, and a medical background is not necessary. In fact, if your only interest in medical romance is a fantasy in which you tame that wildly popular TV doctor - you know, the brooding, sexy bad boy doc we’d all love to get into the pages of our next novel and cure his every ill... that’s enough.
Q: Are there medical experts available to answer quick medical questions?
A: We do have our fair share of medical experts available. Book questions, though. We don’t do real medical diagnosis.
Blogs Heartbeat Loves